Plaid Flannel Shirt (use code YESPLEASE at checkout for 30% off!) // Fleece Vest (HTS Fall Favorite! – also comes in black and cream) // Distressed Jeans // Cream Duck Boots // Neverful Bag // Monogram Necklace // Bracelet 1, Bracelet 2 // Watch with This Band // Lipstick in D for Danger
Plaid flannel shirt (check), fleece vest (check), duck boots (check)! If this outfit doesn’t scream fall, I don’t know what will! This is definitely one of my go-to looks for Fall, especially when I’m taking a visit to the mountains.
Drew and I always take a trip to the mountains in the Fall, and this year we went to Asheville to celebrate our 2-year wedding anniversary. Asheville is one of my favorite mountain trips because there are so many things I love to do that you can’t always do in every mountain city. For today’s Friday Five post, I’m sharing my five favorite things I recommend doing on your next trip to this beautiful town.
- Visit a Craft Brewery – Something you may not know about me is I am a hugeee craft beer snob. There are times when I actually crave a cold IPA over a glass of rose (I know, total sin! but it’s true!). Asheville is known as the craft beer town of USA (at least on the East Coast), so visiting a brewery when you visit is a definite must-do. One of my favorite breweries is the Funkatorium. They are an extension of the famous Wicked Weed brewery that only pours sour beers! It’s definitely an acquired taste but I love them because they taste like sour patch kids, my favorite candy! If you want to go all-out, I recommend you try the Asheville Ale Trail South Slope and make a stop at them all. There’s a map of how to do it HERE.
- Tour the Biltmore House – If you have never done it before, I recommend you visit the Biltmore House. It is an old mansion estate built by the Vanderbilt family in the 1800s. The best time to go is at Christmas when there are 20-30 overly decorated trees or in the Spring so you can see the beautiful gardens. I’ve done the tour a couple of times, and really like using the headset to hear the stories of each room (total nerd!). The grounds are also great for taking blog pics, so that’s always a perk in my book! 🙂
- Eat a Southern Brunch! – If you know me, you know I am a total brunch girl. The first thing I think about when I wake up is food and coffee. Asheville is one of the best brunch towns I’ve ever visited. My favorite places are Tupelo Honey (thankfully there is also one in Charlotte!), Early Girl Eatery and Corner Kitchen. All of these restaurants are extremely small, so definitely try to get there early and plan on waiting a while before you eat. It’s totally worth it though!
- Visit an Apple Orchard – Drew and I finally did this during our trip to Asheville last weekend, and it was SO much fun! The one we visited was called Grandad’s Apples N’ Such. It is about a 30 minute drive south of Asheville and it had an apple orchard, pumpkin patch, bakery and a corner store. It was a total whammy in my book! We opted for the award winning BBQ for lunch and apple cider doughnuts and pumpkin ice cream for dessert. It’s definitely going to become a tradition for us in the future!
- Listen to Live Music – Asheville is a huge live music city. Any restaurant you eat at will generally have a live band on the weekends. Soak it up! I absolutely love eating a meal, drinking a beer and listening to live music. I always use this guide to find out where to go to find live music. When in doubt, you can always find live music at these venues: The Orange Peel, The Grey Eagle, and Isis Restaurant and Music Hall.
I’d love to hear what your favorite things are when going on fall trips, leave it in the comment section below! Hope you have a great weekend!
Shop the Post: