For today’s Friday Five post, I’m sharing my five go-to styling products for curling my hair. I get so many questions about what I use to curl my hair and keep it healthy despite using heat products, so I thought this would be a great post opportunity to share my favorite products. Personally, I’m an advocate of loose curls, so most of the products I’m going to mention in this post are flexible hold products. I also have very straight, body-less hair, so all of these products are extremely light weight, and great for volumizing.
- Caviar CC Cream – This is a great multi-use product. It’s very creamy, so I pull this product through from my root to the ends right when I get out of the shower for detangling, defrizzing, heat protector, and to shine and smoothen. It’s great for make sure your ends don’t fry or break when using heat products, and I love that it doesn’t weight down your hair and flatten your curls.
2. Unite Expanda Volume Spray – I use this product at the root of my crown to add body and volume to the top of my hair. It activates with heat, and creates volume along the top of your hair as a base for styling. Next, I blow dry my hair using a 2 inch round brush. This blow dryer is my favorite if you’re in the market for one!
3. Oribe Gold Lust Hair Oil – When done blow drying, I add this product to the ends of my hair to prep it for hair styling. It helps protect the ends of my hair to prevent breakage when straightening and curling. It’s also great for defrizzing if you’re running on second day curls and want to smooth the ends of your hair.
4. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – This product is great for adding body at your crown by teasing to create texture (this brush HERE is my favorite teasing brush). I also love spraying this product through my hair after I’ve curled it to pull the curls apart and create body curls. I will save the details of how I curl my hair for another post, but I actually curl my hair most often with a straightening iron. This is the straightening iron I use HERE. If I need to touch up and add stronger curls to my hair then I use this curling wand HERE with the tapered wand attachment.
5. Quai Dry Shampoo– This is my absolutely favorite dry shampoo. I add it to my roots both for texturizing and absorbing oil when I’m running on day two (three, four and five some weeks lol!!) of not washing my hair. It doesn’t show white in your hair which is so important in brunette hair!
If you’ve been looking for some new hair products to up your styling game I definitely recommend you check these out! I love testing out new products, and these are definitely my tried and true after lots of trial runs with different products.
I am currently on my way to Kiawah for a wedding! Should be a fun weekend, don’t forget to follow along on Snapchat to join the fun! @baileytschwartz
Shop the Post: